Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thompson Park for Mothers Day

On the morning of Mothers Day, we met up with my parents and brother at Thompson Park. I've taken Trenton here once before and I'm pretty sure I remember coming here as a kid myself. It was incredibly windy but the kids didn't seem to mind.
There were pigs, chickens, turkey, geese, and deer to feed. We had a loaf of bread and four apples. I felt a bit like I was trapped in the story of Feeding the Five Thousand ;)

Timid deer. Hungry deer.


Trenton bonded completely with this one deer, above, who followed him all around, hoping for more handouts. In the second movie, you can hear how he names it.
He told me today that he wants to go back "in warm July" and see if antlers have grown.

Feeding the Deer Apples from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.



Trenton Names the Deer from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.

No comments: