(This was a risky move, as it was already past Oliver's nap time. But, seeing as class is over and I had no absolute reason to bolt home, I decided to make a run for it)
Changes, changes... so many new buildings. Very pretty ones, actually. And they've demolished the nasty ones. They've also added some artwork. Four orbs like the one above are planted outside Loser Hall, the new Art building, the Music building, and the Social Sciences building.
Yes, Trenton tried to push each one over. Because that's what you do when you're four.
Now, as you can see above, it looks like they're working on Green Hall. Not sure if it still houses the administration, but looks like it is getting an update.
The picture below is what's left of Quimby's Prairie. So sad! Some big-'ol building has been planted right in the middle of it. :(
As the story goes, one of the first presidents of the college lived in a home on the other side of the lake, which is just past Quimby's Prairie, and just outside his office window. He used this vantage point to make sure his wife wasn't cheating on him during the day while he was at work...
Guess he'll never know now...
I walked the kids across campus to see if there was anyone hanging out in the ed. department that I might remember (there wasn't-- it was finals week). But there was a desk of "Take Me, I'm Free!" materials. Trenton scored with a teacher's manual for Arthur books.
Then we walked back to the new Social Sciences building. Can't believe I didn't take pictures of it, as the atrium is beautiful (you can see it here), but the kids were crabbin' and I wanted to just pop in and pop out. I left a note for my old adviser, Doctor Crofts, who was finished giving finals and out of the office. I was happy to get an email from him today! If you're wondering what he is up to, check out this review on his new book, “A Secession Crisis Enigma”.
Kids didn't fall asleep in the car until we were halfway home. I had the brilliant idea of parking the car, leaving the windows open, and napping with them in front of the house. Yes, it was that nice of a day...
1 comment:
Fantastic to learn what you've been up to! What great trips and fun times.
Post a Comment