Where have you been?
Oh yeah! It's the end of the semester.
I bet you were spending every available minute completing two student studies, two electronic portfolios, an assessment evaluation, and lesson plans, right?
OK. I'll cut you some slack then for not blogging for a few weeks.
(Thanks.)
And yes, it has been a great two weeks. Be happy that I took pictures to document it all!
***
I can remember when Trenton was a baby, and we'd find him hiding out in a nook somewhere, reading books or pulling them off of the shelf. Just like his big brother, Oliver knows which way to hold the book, how to turn the pages, and responds to the illustrations he 'reads' with his own little language. Man do I love early literacy! Above, he's reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Great clip of the author, Bill Martin Jr., reading it here.
Oliver Reads His "First Words Book" from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.
Took the kids to Avon after dinner one night last week. Above, Trenton searches successfully for sand crabs along the rocks. He must have found close to 80 crabs, no joke. It was hard to pry him away and get him to come home. But the wind was picking up, and Ollie didn't like it at all...
Had to capture this fantastic chalk drawing that Jim did below:
2 comments:
Hi Sheryly
Love your pictures and blogs.
I am sorry to miss the film fetival. I was in Saratoga Springs last week for my tennis tourney.
Love your story about Trenton, NJ!
Maya and I use our local library two three times a week. We spend hours there playing, reading and borrowing some movies. It's great place to meet people.
Despite Maya can't read yet (I guess Trenton can already?), she "reads" her favorite books. I love to see that and it makes me feel that I am doing the right thing by reading her stories everyday.
Next week is the Greek Fetival we went last year, if you want to come up!
Mina
Oliver sure does take after his big brother Trenton with reading his books. What an awsome job Oliver we are so proud of you. Love Ya!! GM & Pop Pop Lacina
Post a Comment