Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Part Where You Look at Pictures Taken from Our Train Window














When we learned that we'd be going to Geneva, and that the conference didn't actually begin until Monday, I really got to thinking about how we might explore more of Europe in the days prior to the conference. Milan seemed like a good choice, in that it was in Italy and I'd never been there before. Also, it was an easily accessible train ride from Geneva.

These pictures were all taken looking out our train window as we headed out of Milan, up through the Lombardy section of Italy, then around and over the eastern and northern part of Lake Geneva. (They are actually posed in the reverse order of when they were taken, something that is noticeable when you're looking at the sunset.) We left Milan at 5PM and made it to our dorm in Geneva by 10PM.

I was really hoping that this train ride would offer us a different perspective on our trip-- showing off the countryside, not just the cities. It did not disappoint.

No comments: