
Dear lord. The flowers were starting to sprout, we had the kids outside for a playdate on Friday, and now this. SNOW! I mean, yes, it is still winter... but a foot of snow? Seriously? I guess that is what happens when two storm fronts run into each other.

We had known it was coming and tried to take some precautions for it (put the windshield wipers up, shovel near the door) but this was insane! At 1:30 AM, I peeked out the window and we had a good amount of snow on the ground. Ollie was up (fussy-- I think it might be when I eat eggs and I had 'em last night) from 3:00 until 5:00 and I kept peeking then, too. Nice to see snow fall by the moonlight. Jim knew MU was going to be closed for the day and he was staying home.

I'd say Jim spent about an hour out there in the early morning and then another hour again later. I tried to keep the kids busy. Thankfully, T had a butt-load of new toys to play with. Ollie is so interested in watching us eat, lemmie tell you. I have a video here if I can get to putting it up soon...


T was outside for maybe a half an hour. It was cold! And the snow was deep and hard to walk through.

Jim wanted to go to the gym (they were open) and I told him that there was no way that he'd be driving there in weather like this (they just FINALLY got to seriously plowing our area and it is 2PM). So he walked there. Ha! Gearing up for his Snowshoe Marathon, I guess. ;)


And so now we wait it out... Let's hope it doesn't start raining and melt it all away. Trenton and I made some Jello to kill time this morning. He actually just woke up and asked me if it was ready. I said no, led him back to bed, and told him to rest awhile longer. And he is :)
4 comments:
Wow! I'm hoping we're done with snow for the year. It was like 20 degrees today and is supposed to be 60 by Friday - Illinois living. Funny Ollie is interested in watching you eat. I just told Wes that today Finn was watching me intently as I ate a sandwich. Is that a stage kids go through?
Looks like you guys had more snow that we did. I took a snow day today b/c Maya's daycare was closed (they called last night). I thought we were going to have more snow but we ended up with about 8 inches or so.
I am sure Trenton has enough toys to play until summer!
WOW I miss jersey snow!! Everyone down here was clearing out the milk and bread.We got maybe 3 inches if that of snow! They even had the schools on delay even tho the snow didn't stick to the roads! It was around 50 today and dropped down to 28 on our way home from Raleigh this evening. That snow sure does look like fun!
Sure glad to see Trenton enjoying the snow, compared to last year! Yes this is winter in NJ not bad compared to IL I'm sure. It has been a long,cold,windy one for sure. Great pictures! Love Grandmom and Pop-Pop
Post a Comment