One of my absolute favorite blogs to follow, Amalah, just posted about how she's switched to cloth diapering! I'm psyched. I like her style of writing and the content of her posts. We have a lot in common-- she has an older son (4 yrs old?) as well as a baby who is a month older than Oliver. She spoke about using the diapers for both kids, which got me thinking again. Right now, we put T in PullUps at night. Expensive, for sure, and he only pees in them a few times a week... I stopped using cloth with him because it was silly to just have one diaper sitting in the pail all week long. But now that I'm CDing Ollie, I think we might switch back with Trenton. The diapers are one-sized and can be adjusted to fit both kids. Once this bag of PullUps is depeleted, that's my plan. Only downside is that Trenton won't be able to unsnap it himself if he wakes in the middle of the night wanting to pee (which he sometimes does, but he always gets us up to help him anyway). I'll let you know how it goes!
Also, Brian is posting again at LookyDaddy! after taking the month of February off to do chores around the house (yes, the whole month). He's started up his haiku contest (Jim entered two!) and the finalists are posted here for you to vote. I chose "My Turn" and "Honey, We're Packing Again". Tell me in the comment section here what you voted for.
Update: Trenton just came into the office (it's 9:30 PM) telling me that his Pull UP was itchy. I adjusted one of Ollie's diapers and told him it would be his red nighttime Spiderman diaper. He said, "But isn't it a baby diaper?"... I told him it was like a pillow for his heiny at nighttime. He was OK with that. We'll find out tomorrow if I have it on a tight enough setting (the waist is fine, it is just the elastic in the legs I think I might have done too loose). So now what do I do with the half pack of PullUps?
Also, Brian is posting again at LookyDaddy! after taking the month of February off to do chores around the house (yes, the whole month). He's started up his haiku contest (Jim entered two!) and the finalists are posted here for you to vote. I chose "My Turn" and "Honey, We're Packing Again". Tell me in the comment section here what you voted for.
3 comments:
Love that CD post! lol. And Yes, I do match Logi's dipe with his outfit sometimes. lol.
As far as the pull up thing.... we do use disposable dipes for Logan at night (which isn't bad b/c $20 goes for 70 nights). He just wets too much and was getting pink at night with the CD. Although I do have nights where I put him in a fitted and fleece cover and he does fine. It's like luck of the draw. But for Libby... we're getting brave.... she's been wearing the cotton trainers at night (Imse Vimse, Little Beetles - which she's outgrowing, and Blueberries- my fav). I'm thinking of trying to sew some together if I can find the right materials b/c she's outgrowing them and they are so stinkin' pricey. But I've noticed that if we use them, she doesn't wet the bed. She gets up and sometimes uses the potty, sometimes just stands to wet and then pulls them off and gets back into bed. Bed is always dry and no smell! I moved the potty chair (which she uses the toilet during the day anyway) into her room for at night in case she cannot make it to the bathroom... but sometimes she still doesn't make it. oh well. I asked a couple of people how they night trained and their response was "I don't know? They just did when they potty trained for daytime." as if it was scripted. But they all just switched their child to undies at night at the same time they did for day. ??? SO last night I actually put Libby in a "princess pants!" (her big girl undies, have I mentioned I hate the word "panties" ?) and still did fine... found it on the floor of their bathroom... but dry bed. If I do put her in a CD or disp dipe.. she just goes in it. There are some that snap on the sides (Happy Heineys trainers are essentially pockets that they can pull up and down and that snap on the sides... Libby just pees in them though).
good luck!
Oh! And adorable pics of those beautiful boys!!! = )
I picked the same ones as you did Sheryl, the "Honey, We're Moving Again" one is hilarious :-)
Post a Comment