Upon waking this morning, and determining that the temperature was going to be over forty degrees, Jim and I decided to take the kids to Ocean Grove. We had a coupon to a restaurant called The Starving Artist and y'all know how I feel about coupons...
I just HAD to take the picture above as we were driving through Neptune. Says a lot about what little punctuation can do, no? I'm not sure if you're supposed to want to take your car here for inspection or not.
Once we got to OG we walked on the boardwalk a little north to check out the progress of the sprayground in Asbury Park. As you can see, there is still some way to go. But Trenton was excited to find out that we would be coming back this summer to play.
Ollie slept. Got 'em all bundled up. Good for him!
Below, you can see the Stone Pony from the sprayground- it is right across the street. Is that good for business? We'll see.
T got to try out this incredibly cool Italian bike. The babies go in the front basket and there is room for six people to sit behind (four to pedal) and one really cool bell. We went into the bike store and rang bells for awhile. Nice way to kill time and get out of the cold!
The two BEST PICTURES of the day!
Below, Ollie is blowing raspberry bubbles, as he's just woken from his nap and happy to see that Mommy (a.k.a lunch) is nearby and ready. ;)
And finally, we made it to The Starving Artist. I had a grilled chicken spinach wrap which I've had before and still think that it is prepared here better than anywhere I've ever had it (combination of walnuts, feta, and some neat honey-dijon that they use... yum!) Jim and T split these fruit filled crepes that were a lot like a dessert. Business was hoppin' and the place had a good vibe. We plan to return to OG on April 11th, the day before Easter, for Ocean Grove's free Egg Hunt. Anyone want to join us?
1 comment:
That sprayground looks like a ton of fun! Way better than the one in Champaign.
Post a Comment