Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend of Boys


Full house this weekend! Shairna, Chris, and the boys came for a visit. Trenton was in heaven.
Above, they play with a new birthday gift-- Ants in the Pants.
We headed over to Barnes and Noble for a special Mother Goose storytime on Saturday.


T was very excited to touch the goose. He sat and listened really well, too.
(I'm thinking of starting him in the next level of library storytime classes-- the preschool group. The children attend alone, w/o a parent.)

Then later that afternoon we went to Pt. Pleasant. The kids still remember going two years ago in February... this day was a bit warmer, I'd say. Lots of people on the boardwalk, too.
We took them all to an arcade where they were very successful at playing games, earning tickets, and redeeming them for crap-- I mean, toys.



Trenton and I worked this one machine and he ACTUALLY WON A TOY. With the grabber! Dumb luck, I think. But he was ecstatic!



Ollie just vegged out in his carrier most of the time. Poor kid didn't nap too well.


And then it was off to feed the seagulls. I stayed behind to watch the baby (in a heated restaurant) while the rest of the crowed threw bits of crust overhead. Seems that the birds were less aggressive this year. The kids still enjoyed it.





And the dads.



Have you tried to bathe six kids and four adults in one day? I think our tub will get a well-deserved cleaning soon ;) Trenton loved having a friend in the tub... pretty soon, when Ollie can sit up, I'll bathe the two of them together.


Oliver and E.B. goofing off. Strange to think that Ethan isn't the baby in the group anymore! I will say, we got quite a few head-turns and whispers when we sat down as a group to eat lunch both days. Lotsa boyz!



And then it was over! The kids were really well behaved... they played outside a lot (our backyard and at a park on Sunday) and had a blast coloring in a giant book I have here (Trenton doesn't have the attention span to sit and do it for too long, but "helped" the boys color their pages). Also, on Sunday morning, we took the kids to The Picture People and got a huge group shot.
We ended up buying the last one in this set. It is hard to get 6 kids looking and smiling!


2 comments:

. said...

WOW! love the pictures. So many boys!! 6 boys and 4 adults, yeah thats alot to get bathed in one evening. Sounds like everyone had so much fun tho! I cant wait till we live closer to a Barnes and Noble, story time seems like the best thing, Was the duck real??

Jay said...

Cool, looks like T got himself a stuffed WOLVERINE on the boardwalk.
It is crazy that both families ended up with all boys. I think the chances of that being the case are 1 in 64!

(LOL I don't think that goose was real!)