Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy 56th, Dad!

Ah! We spent Wednesday night in NB with my parents in honor of Dad's birthday. Doesn't he look great for 56? I think so ;)
Dinner was a delicious seafood and vegetable fare. Yes, there was a Carvel cake at the end... I decided it would be funny to put about twenty candles on the cake. FYI-- this makes it smoky and hard to move from one side of the room to the other... But Trenton was there to help blow 'em out.

Blue icing = blue tongues


There's a good chance that these are the last photographs I'll take of Jessie. She's been doing poorly for quite some time now. It is sad to hear her cry when she needs help to get up... And she is like, fourteen years old.

I've been prepping Trenton for the inevitable by telling him that Jessie is sick, that she is going to die soon... This has prompted him to think about other things, such as what happens to Jessie when she dies. I think he was calmed and satisfied to learn that she'll be in heaven playing. He wants to go and visit her there someday, he told me.
I took a whole bunch of pictures of my parents with Jessie. Maybe I can get ahold of one for the blog soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Great BD present having both grandsons to help blow out the candles. T was so excited to watch Pop Pop open his present. Yes we will all miss Jessie. We were blessed to have her so long and have many Great memories of all the pleasure she gave us. May she be as happy and pain free now as she was as a puppy (8 weeks old) when we got her.