Trenton began his swim lessons today at Doorbrook in Colts Neck. Six classes in a heated pool, without parent participation. Worth it, in that we'll be around water a lot this summer, and I want him to have some sense of floating and water safety. It's been awhile since he had swim lessons.
They did a lot of sitting on the stairs and waiting their turn, which I guess is to be expected when you have seven three and four year olds and only one instructor. This could be avoided with private lessons... but it really is a lesson in patience for Trenton, too. Following directions the first time is not his strong suit; he was reminded often to stay off the pole, stay on the seats, stop splashing... But he didn't care. It was hard for him to stay still for 45 minutes in this wonderful pool, which is understandable. And boy did he have a BLAST!
They did a lot of kicking, floating on the kickboard, and blowing bubbles in the water. At the end, she let them choose which colored ring they wanted to retrieve from the shallow (2 ft.) end. T blew out his bubbles and reached as far as he could-- and got it!
With no make-up classes, I'm really hoping it doesn't rain.
Doorbrook is the park with the awesome splashground; we stopped for a bit before heading home. Oliver absolutely loved putting his feet in the fountain. Below is a typical Trenton ROBOT face that absolutely needed to be caught on camera and blogged.
T-isms for the day:
1) While driving in the car: "Mom, I know how you can get babies out of your belly. You push them out with a piano."
2) Walking away, after biting my hair as I try to feed Ollie lunch: "Mom, you're GORGEOUS."
1) While driving in the car: "Mom, I know how you can get babies out of your belly. You push them out with a piano."
2) Walking away, after biting my hair as I try to feed Ollie lunch: "Mom, you're GORGEOUS."
1 comment:
awesome! I need to sign libby up for some lessons.. I just don't know what to do with Logan during that time. need to contact the YMCA. hmmm?
Post a Comment